Re: Upgrade problem (1.2.x --> 1.3.x)

To: Ochronus <ochronus@xxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:03:22 +0100

Ochronus wrote:

I have a 1.2 release Dragonfly system, and as the new gobsd pkgsrc binaries require the new ABI introduced in 1.3.x (1.3.5, as I recall), I tried to upgrade my system.

make buildworld - success
make installworld - tells me to upgrade the kernel first and reboot
kernel compile - config MYKERNEL says that the config utility is too old.

Am I trapped, or is there any solution? Maybe a precompiled 1.3.5+ kernel to download for i386?

Hmm, the correct sequence should be:

make buildworld
make buildkernel
make installkernel
make installworld
make upgrade

buildkernel should use the config built by buildworld afaik.

Sascha