Re: postgresql80 (was: Re: best autoconf for DragonFly?)

To: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Tomaž Borštnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:28:01 +0200

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
Replying to two emails below ...

Tomaz Borstnar wrote:

checking which template to use... configure: error: 'dragonfly' is not a
valid template name. Use 'list' for a list.

How did you apply my patch?

cd /usr/pkgsrc patch < pkgsrc-databases-postgresql80.diff

it went fine. But then I did according to your advice to go to postgresql80-server and build it.

This is different, because you should see lines like:

/bin/cp /home/reed/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql80-client/work/postgresql-8.0.3/src/makefiles/Makefile.freebsd /home/reed/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql80-client/work/postgresql-8.0.3/src/makefiles/Makefile.dragonfly

and

checking which template to use... dragonfly
pkgsrc wanted to compile postgresql80-client first (before server) which caused this error.