Re: Compatability with FreeBSD Ports

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:00:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Eduardo Tongson wrote:

Neat stuff there.
Instead of those .spec files or XML I think using a light database like
sqlite to store metadata is worth it. What do you think?

I'd prefer not to depend on more tools or libraries not provided by default.

I see yum also uses sqlite on the client side. Yum appears to only download gzipped xml files. Then yum puts it into that sqlite format after retrieved.

I don't know sqlite. But I think that for now native dbopen(2) might be fine if we really need speedier access.

Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/