Re: Compatability with FreeBSD Ports

To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:38:56 +0100

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 11:58:17PM +0200, Tomaž Borštnar wrote:

Hey, hey, hey. :) Easy on words or we might end in flame wars :)

I have no intentions to say anything else to this, google has all my
answers already. I have more important things to do with my time. I
won't make life unnessary complicated for those which want to use
dfports/ports, but I won't make it easier for them either. I don't care
what you or anyone else choose, but I'll do what I can to ensure that
pkgsrc works for me, my systems and whoever wants to use. That might be
polemic, but my decision is based on technical reasons, which, once
more, can be found in the list archives.

Joerg

For our sakes, could you please provide the evidence Joerg, in form of links to archived messages or some form of available documentation on the matter?

Choosing a packaging system for DragonFly is a delicate issue where we can't take weekend decisions, so although we need it for December, I want to absolutely certain we are not running into a long-term problem.

No, I am not playing devil's advocate (pun not intended). :-)

-Hiten