Re: Debugging pkgsrc on DragonFly

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 09:36:54 -0700

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 06:49:14AM -0700, walt wrote:
> > I've been using pkgsrc on DF for several months, but this is
> > the first time I've seen this kind of error, and I'm baffled.
>
> You are missing the bmake bugfix. Check
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~joerg/pkgsrc/bmake.diff

That fixed it, thanks.  A strange thing -- I discovered that
the files in pkgsrc/bootstrap were out of date when the patch
didn't apply cleanly, so I deleted the bootstrap directory
and updated with cvs (which I do nearly every day) and now
I have the latest files.

This is normally what I do:
#cd /usr/pkgsrc
#cvs -q -z3 up -dP

I always see new files coming across when I do this, so I
assumed that *everything* would be current -- but not so :-/