Re: booting problems with the cdrom

From: scalopus <scalopus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:59:46 +0200

> At the boot menu drop to the loader's command line (IIRC, option 6) and type:
>
> set hw.ata.ata_dma=0
> set hw.ata.atapi_dma=0
> boot
>
> Then continue with the installation.  If the installation completes
> sucessfully, upon reboot remember to drop again to the command line menu of the
> loader (so as to boot normally).  Then to have these changes permanet you can
> place the at /boot/loader.conf.local as follows:
>
> hw.ata.ata_dma=0
> hw.ata.atapi_dma=0
>
> - Yiorgos -

Hi,
  Hiten advised me probing that, i did but the same error crashes the kernel, and
i can't the login prompt.
  I also have adjusted some irq's issues, but i got nothing.

  I am running frebsd 5.4, the cdrom is missing, but at least it boots without
any problem.

  Is there any other installation method? I havent found anything about floppies.

Thanks for your help.
	- scalopus