Re: BSD Installer Technology Preview (2005.0721) Available - please help test

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:41:34 -0700

walt wrote:

As an alternative -- I think maybe a 'make upgrade' would
do that automatically, but I'm not sure.  I dunno if the
'upgrade' mode of the installer does a 'make upgrade' or
not, but perhaps it should?

Silly me, I overlooked the obvious: there a a few pathetic individuals (like sysadmins) who just can't be bothered to re-compile the system from source code every day like us normal people! There may even be a few psychotics out there who don't even have a /usr/src directory. We can only have pity for such people...