Re: SMP CPU Statistics

To: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:26:36 +0100

Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
Hiten Pandya wrote:

    In a day I will commit a program
    called cpustat(8) which will be able to display CPU load statistics
    for each CPU, just the way top(1) does.

Why not call it *top, like mtop or ctop? That gives it more relevance to it's logical ancestor.

Because that will only be one of the functions of cpustat(8). Also, I am not really keen on the name 'top'. Infact, after an e-mail from Miguel, I am more interested in calling it mpstat(8) :-)

-Hiten