Re: Weird problem with sk on ASUS A8V

From: Claus Assmann <dragonfly-users@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:01:48 -0700

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

> 	This is very odd, the onboard LAN on my ASUS A8V has been working
> fine up until this weekend, but now it reports a "NO PHY" error on
> bootup in DragonFly. At first I thought it was down to upgrading to

You should search some of the other *BSD mailing lists for this.
AFAIR I've seen this before and the solution was to turn off the
system (cold start) because some other OS messed up the settings.
You might even have to boot some OS that properly initialize all
of the driver etc. Sorry, I don't remember the details but you
should be able to find this.