Re: compiling modules

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:43:04 +0200

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:26:30AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     It should be easy to convert said drivers into modules, in which case
>     you would have to look at a modularized driver like nv verses de to
>     figure out how to do it.   I would not expect it would require much
>     coding... mainly just hooking the driver up to the module interfacing
>     declarations and writing a Makefile.

It's not that easy, because the detach part is completely missing.
Actually this driver needs a lot of work to get even near the state
of being maintainable. It's one of the two drivers not supporting
ALTQ, because I didn't want to spend too much time following 20 different
similiar code pathes. It also does some _very_ nasty stuff with
preallocating interfaces to support the multiple chip versions, but
that can and should be improved. Anyone having such a card?

Joerg