Re: Hardware Detection Question

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 02:59:00 +0800

Adrian Nida wrote:

justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

- NIC is detected by the BIOS, network boot can be configured, FreeBSD
4.11-RELEASE detects, configures, uses em0.

- DragonFlyBSD does not detect or use it.  Does detect dc0 (in VIA MB
chipset) and Sis0, or Rl0, or fxp0

A couple people have mentioned that their em card takes a bit of time to come online; does em0 "appear" after waiting a short while after boot?

Yep, I can vouch. Although in my case, em0 showed up in dmesg. If you see it there, you'll have to wait.

Not detected there.

Of course, if you don't see it there, you're gonna need a more than just a larva :-)

Adrian

Well - I have a bit more time ..... and the FreeBSD CD... :-(

Bill