Re: Running DragonFlyBSD on qemu, network device problems.

From: Miguel Filipe <miguel.filipe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:57:20 +0100

Sorry about that...

On Apr 1, 2005 12:53 PM, Miguel Filipe <miguel.filipe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm running dragonflyBSD on a qemu virtual PC on top of linux.
> Instalation went fine.
>
> Configuring the ethernet is the problem:
> 1 - dhclient ed0 gives no valid address
> 1.a - when using tun0 for the ethernet interface to qemu
>        dhclient results in the following kernel error/warning message:
       date kernel: ed0: device timeout
 - acording to qemu docs, the network interface is a ne2000 pci

1.b - when using qemu with -user-net the error doesn't occurr..

2 - how should one set-up a lan between the host OS (linux) and the
guest OS in qemu (dragonflyBSD) ?

I cannot send the dmesg or any other dragonfly info since I can't
access it besides the console, and I cannot copy&paste it.

TIA.

> --
> Miguel Sousa Filipe

Best regards to all,