Re: Version numbering for release DECISION!

From: Dennis Melentyev <dmelentyev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:46:40 +0300

Joerg, sorry for sending this twice - choosed wrong sender address.

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 06:32:33PM +0200, Raphael Marmier wrote:

    ^

UNTESTED 1.5.x

s/UNTESTED/CURRENT/. Just because it is the _current_ code doesn't
I vote for this (see also prev. schema).
But with the difference like:
s/UNTESTED/COULDWORK/
or even
s/UNTESTED/COULDBUILD/

Just because for newbies CURRENT often mean more like
the-most-featured-and-cool-just-baked-yummi-cookie with "It's *BSD! It
Must Work!" attitude :)

make it "untested". I agree with the other names though.
Maybe even PRODUCTION --> BUGFIXES.
No, Production is production. It's safe to put to real server. While
bugfix is just a set of patches. Not a state of product.

I don't want to name the tags something like "alpha", because that
has some horrible prejustice applied to it, thanks to big software
companies.
Yep!

--
Dennis Melentyev