Re: Version numbering for release DECISION!

From: Eduardo Tongson <propolice@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:09:34 +0800

>  If I understand you right, every time a commit is made to
> the -RELEASE branch, the sub-version number gets bumped up.  I'm not
> sure that's desirable.  A version number bump should be reserved for
> an "official" bugfix release, with public announcement etc.

On fbsd an update to RELEASE is indicated by patchlevels ie RELEASE p1.

I think
CURRENT - insanely bleeding edge
WORKING  -  bugtesting/testing new features
RELEASE+subversion -production

would work. If you add in STABLE, RELEASE if im not mistaken will be stale.

--
                                                    Eduardo Tongson
                                                    <pornadmin.net/~tongson>