Re: Version numbering for release DECISION!

From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Mar 2005 16:29:52 GMT
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    The other tags are fairly similar to their FreeBSD counterparts once
>    you compensate for the fact that they are doing a two-track development
>    model verses our one-track development model.

Actually, what you call STABLE is pretty much what FreeBSD calls
RELEASE (the RELEASE branch, as opposed to a released version).
This is what you'd get by using the tag RELENG_5_3 for example.

What FreeBSD calls STABLE (eg RELENG_5) has no equivalent in
DragonFly.

Perhaps you can change your STABLE to RELEASE, and the STABLE name
can just be retired altogether, since people see to find it
confusing...

Rahul