Current stable tag slip status 24-Mar-2005

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:00:58 -0800 (PST)

    Ok, the tag wasn't slipped yesterday and it isn't going to be slipped
    today either... it can ALMOST be slipped, but some backwards
    compatibility issues for binaries came up related to the TLS code
    which absolutely must be fixed before the stable tag can be slipped.

    The IPV4 issue is still gnawing at me but I haven't decided whether it
    is serious enough to wait for it or not, yet.

    So, the tag might possibly be slipped tomorrow sometime.  We are very
    close.

    This is the current status for slipping the stable tag:

    make seg-fault              - fixed
    Opera/Firefox stalls        - fixed
    TCP 'sent too much' panic   - fixed
    Installer update            - done
    ppbus init panic            - fixed (gcc-3.4 bug)
        (reported by Joroen Ruigrok/asmodai)
    IPV4 connection problems    - still diagnosing (probably SMP related)
        (reported by Peter Avalos)
    TCP Flooding issue          - still diagnosing
        (reported by Atte Peltomaki)
    NFS TCP connection failure  - fixed
    TLS CODE ISSUES		- in-progress.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>