Re: Current stable tag slip status 23-Mar-2005

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:33:47 +0800

Andreas Hauser wrote:

dillon wrote @ Thu, 24 Mar 2005 04:25:32 -0800 (PST):

   Try this patch.  It took 8 hours to find the bug, but I definitely
   found it.  The patch should fix it but I haven't completely tested
   it.

*wonders how 8 Matt hours translate into Man Month of ordinary people*

on the evidence....

Rare skill, *very* rare. But straightforward.

- The ability to hold a multi-dimensional model
in the 'mind's eye' of the entire code block's causal
relationships - perhaps the whole system it is part of.

My bet is that he simply 'steps inside' the code and
mentally 'walks about' in it - as if it were a house
being searched for an intruder.

Hard part is the rest of the 'city'.

   This patch should correct the problem and also pipeline TCP ops a bit
   better.  It will be committed on thursday if my overnight testing
   succeeds.

The patch fixed it for me.

Andy

Bill