Re: Latest ISO

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:06:45 -0800 (PST)

:Hello,
:
:New to DF-BSD and BSD in general. I'm currently running FreeBSD 5.3 (I know,
:don't hate me). Anyway, I'd like to get DragonFly running. Should I use the
:RELEASE ISO on the main page? Or should I use a later STABLE ISO from a
:mirror?
:
:This is not for a production server or anything - purely a fun box. I might
:run DHCP or something basic.
:
:Thanks for your patience!
:
:Jared Kuolt

    Use the latest gcc2 daily snapshot ISO you can find to start with.  The
    1.0A release is too old (over 8 months!).

    We are about to roll a new official snapshot, as soon as two bugs get
    fixed (one in make and one in the TCP stack).  We will be doing our
    second official release soon as well.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>