Re: GENERIC - Raising the bar

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:22:53 +0800

Bill Hacker wrote:

Matthew Dillon wrote:

    I don't know if the code as it currently stands even works with the
    386.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There are over a dozen 'mothballed' industrial SBC's in my arsenal.. will have a look

Bill

No Joy. Cyrix 6x86, quartet of matched PPro, matched pair of P90 in HKG.
Nothing older than 1994/5. Legacy stuff (S-100 thru 486) is back in the States.
(anyone need IC's for a Honeywell? Spindle for an ISS-80? TRS-80 'laptop'?)

Shoulda been in the antique biz...

- but that was part of my point.

Most pre-Pentium stuff has been trashed ages ago even by hobbyists.
The drawers here have lots of 1 GHz and under Pentiums also, some
never used, others from upgrades or as spares for expensive SBC's.

- we few packrats do not a target market justify... ;-)

Old hardware - old OS. It is often all that fits the resources anyway.

Bill