Re: Looking for a good DFly/BSD laptop choice

From: Hummel Tom <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:16:22 +0100

I'd like something forward-thinking, if it isn't too expensive, but
it MUST run DFly or at LEAST FreeBSD 4.x.  I was looking at a Gateway
Athlon64, but I heard there are big problems with interrupt routing
and BSD.

Look for the AMD Turion64 Notebooks, they are the Pentium M counterpart in mobile systems, and the MT Series is supposed to have a TDP of 25 Watts, and we all know AMD sets the TDP much higher than reality turns out.
What i like about AMD they are always much cheaper than Intel, i want to see Intels Pentium M with EM64T and the same power consumption.
http://www.planet3dnow.de/news_images/turion100305.png

Acer, ASUS, Averatec, BenQ, Fujitsu Siemens, MSI and Packard Bell, will provide notebooks with this CPU.

so much about the CPU.

tom