Re: Dragonfly and Hyperthreading....

From: Jonathan Fosburgh <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:48:05 -0600

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 07:01, Erik P. Skaalerud wrote:

>  From what I see, people who use BSD have the choice of using Intel or
> Via, these are the only mainboard chipset i know of that works the way
> they should under BSD. (There might be more chipsets, but none that I
> have worked with.. like "Ali")
>
> - Erik

FWIW, I'm using AMD64 on SiS chipset at home.  It all works except for onboard
sound.  I'm running FreeBSD/i386 (5.4-PRE) on it.  No DFly yet, since there
is no support for UFS2 it looks like I will have to create some new
filesystems using UFS1 for the data that I need to share (notably email).
--
Jonathan Fosburgh
AIX and Storage Administrator