Re: UFS2 support?

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:16:27 +0000

Eduardo Tongson wrote:
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:56:22 +0000, Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   IBM's JFS specifically.  Small kernel footprint, low overhead... of
   all the filesystems out there that one ought to be the easiest to port.

JFS2 (open-source gpl'ed) is not very hard to port to FreeBSD or DF. I know that becaused I initiated the original effort JFS4BSD; which shortly died due to lack of interest back then.

-Hiten

So will there be plans to continue where JFS4BSD left off ?
That would be a great

As far as my plans are concerned for porting JFS to DF, I am waiting upon two things before I even touch the project:

	    * userland VFS facility for DF
	    * direct-to-dma I/O facility

	The latter item is what I will be working on when I get back
	to developing on DragonFly.

-Hiten