Re: Laptop suggestions

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:40:25 -0800 (PST)

:Since I have had no luck in getting the laptops keyboard to work with the Compaq
:R3000, would anyone have a good suggestion for a current model that works well
:with dragonfly.
:
:Thanks
:Bryan

    Well, laptops are hard, one model working doesn't necessarily mean that another
    by the same company will.  That said, my current laptop is a Sony VAIO TR3A
    (the small one with the built-in wireless).  Most things work with it but there
    are at least two issues.  First, I've never actually tried putting it to sleep,
    and second, the BIOS does not have a VGA mode that is able to use the full width
    of the screen (Why Sony didn't supply the correct mode is beyond me).  There
    is a hack for the second one that requires hacking the ram copy of the BIOS
    but I have not had time to mess with it.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>