Re: Getting tired of 5.3

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:28:19 -0800

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> At 2:44 PM -0800 12/14/04, walt wrote:

> > The Giant Kernel Lock problem has been preventing any real
> > progress for over a year (at least) and seems to be going
> > nowhere very fast...

> I think it is not accurate to say things are "going nowhere".

I was being melodramatic -- apologies.  I hope everyone knows
that I was not denigrating any FreeBSD contributors -- quite
the opposite.  They are extremely smart and talented people
who seem to have created a problem they can't solve easily.

That's why I was happy when Matt avoided the whole problem
just by asking a different question.

That's what I do when my wife asks me a question:  answer a
different question ;o)