Re: Getting tired of 5.3

From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:51:52 +0100

Guillermo Garcia Rojas wrote:
After a few weeks running on FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE, and having DragonFly on
my test machine; I've seen a world of difference between them. DragonFly
goes faster than my FreeBSD box, even faster than a dragon fly xD,
compiles faster and goes a lot better than FreeBSD 5.3.

My story: ;-)

Well, my FreeBSD 5.3 was so unstable, and after it panic-ed three times in one hour (remote X over ssh caused the panic), I kicked it and installed DragonFly. Since then, I had no panic at all, where I had about hundreds with the whole 5.x series in total. DragonFly is rock solid and stable. Sure, I can't get ACPI working, but that's not a big problem for me.

Regards,

Michael