Re: ACPI suspend/resume

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:19:22 +0900

Hi.
On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 07:59:46PM +0000, Johannes Hofmann wrote:
> Is there a way to debug resume problems? I just tried suspend/resume with
> ACPI on my thinkpad T42. Suspend works just fine, but on resume only
> the backlight comes back, everything else hangs (no CAPS lock light,
> no Ctrl Alt Esc).
> Suspend/Resume with APM works fine, just as suspend/resume with ACPI
> in FreeBSD 5.3.

Do you have any other modules on FreeBSD to make it work?
I've seen a few similar reports on freebsd-current ML a few months ago,
but somehow can't find single "it works now" report there. Maybe it's
time to look at the changes in FreeBSD's acpi code.

> I already removed all USB/net/sound dirvers, but that didn't help. I also
> tried to place sysbeep() calls in the ata-resume function, but it doesn't
> get called. Any ideas?

Probably this is not it, because your laptop looks like completely
locked up rather than just the screen, but have you tried
`sysctl hw.acpi.reset_video=0' before suspend?