Re: Problems with both XFree86 and Xorg

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:17:46 +0000

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 06:45:12AM -0500, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
: > Both Xorg and XFree86 get into an endless loop building font directories
: > (I think) with gmake.
:
: If you build the dependent programs directly - i.e. go into the port
: directory for the programs that are required by XFree/X.org and build them
: there - you can usually avoid the looping.  There's something that causes
: that loop when the programs are built as a result of building the "master"
: port.

So if I choose X.org, for example, are the config files a dropin replacement
for XFree86?  I didn't see much in the way of docs on the site.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.