keyword expand Re: using cvswrappers

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:36:45 -0500

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 04:58:19PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>:Seems KeywordExpand is what I was looking for
>:that and /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh
>:
>:which is invoked from where exactly?
>:
>:// George
>:--
>:George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
>
>    newvers.sh is part of the kernel build process.  It is not a
>    function of CVS or cvswrappers.
>
>    All I did was add the $Name$ tag to newvers.sh, which cvs expands
>    when the file is checked out, so when the script is run it can
>    figure out which tag was used to build the kernel (a blank tag meaning
>    that it was from the CVS HEAD branch).
>
>    This way people's dmesg will correctly show whether the kernel is
>    from HEAD or the DragonFly_Stable tag or, when we do another release,
>    the release tag.

well, I'm trying to tag version info into files as they are checked in.

In a (dfly makeworld today) test pository, I added to CVSROOT/config

LocalKeyword=DragonFly=CVSHeader
KeywordExpand=iDragonFly,Name

and commited it. Then I added and committed a file CVSROOT/test with a
literal $DragonFly$, but it wasn't expanded as expected... something is
missing. Should I be defining CVSHeader somewhere? or...

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx