Re: NDIS code

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:28:50 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi
:
:I was just wondering how much of a task it would be to import the newest(?)
:NDIS stuff from FreeBSD (-CURRENT?). Would I only have to change the device
:stuff, as FreeBSD now uses DevFS? Could anyone point me to where the NDIS
:stuff in FreeBSD is located? It's not in the same place as DF. I would like
:to just give it a look and see if I can manage to get it to compile on DF,
:as the DF version doesn't seem to like my card (or maybe it's a little
:deeper than NDIS, I don't know)
:
:If anyone could point me to where the source is in FreeBSD, I would like to
:atleast look at it and see if I can manage anything. I'll probably get
:scared and crap out, but I realise you're probably all really busy doing
:more important coding, so I thought I might give it a go :-)
:
:Thanks!

    Our NDIS support is fairly recent.  What you would have to do is
    get the freebsd cvs tree via cvsup and run cvs diff between the
    version of the files we originally ported and the head of the freebsd
    tree.  Our files are in /usr/src/sys/emulation/ndis and
    /usr/src/sys/dev/netif/ndis and the FreeBSD revs are up in the comments
    near the top, after the copyright statement.  The FreeBSD files are
    (relative to the freebsd tree): <freebsd_src>/sys/compat/ndis and
    <freebsd_src>/sys/dev/if_ndis.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>