Re: Logitech USB Keyboard/Mouse problems and fix

From: Roland Hammerle <romendo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:46:25 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :I completely forgot that there were two patches. I applied the second
> :one, of course. Is there a chance that somone can figure out why the
> :keyboard repeates characters sometimes? I would love to investigate but I
> :fear I do not know enough to even start doing it myself.
> :
> :Thanks,
> :Roland
>
>     I'll commit the second one and slip the stable tag for it.
>
>     This is the first bug report I've heard of repeating keys on a USB
>     keyboard.  It's not really enough information to go on but keep your
>     eyes open, you might find another PR with a patch :-).
>
> -Matt
> Matthew Dillon
> <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Matt,

The following PRs describe the keyboard problems I have experienced:

I applied the fix to my copy of the source code. It seems to have fixed the
keyboard issue. If you can't tell (by my non-stuttering keyboard), I am a
very happy camper now :)

Before you ask, I only applied the "break -> continue" patch and didn't look
into the "wrong pointer type" patch of PR 63171.

-- Roland