Re: port problems after update to DragonFly_Stable

From: Marco Righele <marco_righele@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:20:12 +0000

Marco Righele wrote:
Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:57:01 +0000, Martin P. Hellwig ha scritto:

When was the last time you cvsupped your ports btw?

I tried cvsupping yesterday and today (so I should have the last "stable").
I don't think is a broken build, because I used the usual compiler flags
(-O -pipe) and it happened two times in a row.

I rebuilt the system with the latest DragonFly_Stable and the problems are gone, so maybe I just messed up something with the previous build

I noticed the following thing anyway:
The file make.conf mention the variable COPTFLAGS as follows:

# To compile just the kernel with special optimizations, you should use
# this instead of CFLAGS (which is not applicable to kernel builds anyway).
# There is very little to gain by using higher optimization levels, and doing
# so can cause problems.
#
#COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe

From what I know, if COPTFLAGS is defined it should be used in place of CFLAGS during a kernel compile, but it seems that buildkernel keeps using CFLAGS. Is this variable no longer used in DragonFly ?