digital audio out (eg, spdif)

From: Joe Love <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:11:24 -0500

I'm wondering if there's a way to tell a soundcard (which works with the pcm driver) to use the spdif output rather than the analog output. I've gotten the soundcard to use the analog output.

Specifically I have the onboard soundstorm-approved sound on an nforce2 motherboard.

This has been bugging me for a while now, and I haven't seen any solutions, even in the freebsd world. I'm hoping I just managed to miss noticing them, and that this is possible.

Thanks,
-Joe