Re: [issue1435] openat(2)

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:52:58 -0700 (PDT)

:They're in my todo list. :-)
:
:I think there's a bug in the patch I emailed: Shouldn't I vget() the
:vnode of the fd passed to openat() to prevent races?

    No, I don't think you need to.  The call to holdvnode() refs the fp
    and that prevents fp->f_nchandle from being ripped out from under you.
    You aren't actually using the vnode pointer.  The nlookup code
    does via the nchandle, but it handles its own refs.

					<dillon@backplane.com>