acpi_cpu(4) update

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:44:02 +0300

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~hasso/acpi-cpu-update.patch

The patch brings in the latest acpi_cpu(4) code from FreeBSD adapted for
DragonFly and our (old) acpica. This allows modern CPUs to use higher C
states than C1 which as result makes a laptops with these CPUs run MUCH
cooler (tested and measured ;).

There is a drawback though - it removes acpi cpu frequency throttling - it
wasn't usable though anyway on modern CPUs (it effectively slowed down my
dual core cpu without _any_ effect to power usage and temperature ;).
I'll probably work on brining it back at some point, but it's not my
highest priority for now. So, unless someone shouts that acpi cpu
throttling is absolutely necessary for him, I'll commit this patch in
Friday.

PS. There is no acpi_cpu(4) manpage in FreeBSD, we should probably create
a one.

--
Hasso Tepper