Re: lockmgr_sleep() (was Re: ssleep() (was Re: mention msleep() in porting_drivers.txt))

From: Peter Avalos <pavalos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:27:30 -0500

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
+ * Atomically drop a lockmgr lock and go to sleep. The lock is reacquired
+ * before returning from this function. Passes on the value returned by
+ * tsleep().
+ */
+int
+lock_sleep(void *ident, int flags, const char *wmesg, int timo,
+ struct lock *lk)

I like it, but I'd put lock_sleep in kern_lock.c and wouldn't make lockstatus_owned public.

I like it too. Having the lock as the first or last arg makes much more sense than having it in the middle. It won't be confusing, especially when we document it in a manual page and in porting_drivers.txt.

+10, should go in now. However then we'd ship a release with a lot of deprecation warnings. Maybe we should follow up with a msleep->spin_sleep commit.

+1

--Peter