Re: function tracing from rtld

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:41:07 -0800

Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
On Sunday 06 January 2008, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Hey,

on my quest to get firefox/thunderbird working with libthread_xu,
Aggelos and me developed a nice hook for rtld to trace function calls in
dynamically linked binaries...

Seems like a great idea to me. I can't tell from reading the code how I would use it, though. Would some userland tool like strace need to be modified to use the hook, or what?

Plus, it opens the door for some cool hacks :)

Wearing your white hat or black hat while hacking?