Re: AGP support for newer Intel chips (9xx)

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:19:18 +0000

Kimura Fuyuki wrote:
Here's a patch to add an AGP GART support for newer Intel chips. I've tested it with i945G + modular-xorg + several media players.

http://www.hadaly.org/fuyuki/agp-i915.patch

Note that I'm new to DF kernel and the patch is mostly a blind merge from FreeBSD.

On FreeBSD i845G support seems to be  accidentally dropped at r1.37.
 I recovered it in the patch above.

On DragonFly PCI_MAP_FIXUP option is required for i915 variants because AGP_APBASE and AGP_I915_MMADR points the same address. (?)
Some rework would be needed to eliminate redundant allocations.

Known bug: panic on detach. I don't know why the function is working on FreeBSD. (maybe not?)

Our PCI code is rather stale, and is in no way in sync with the changes FreeBSD made to make it properly support power state changing and detaching.

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen@netphreax.net