Re: patch to randomize mmap offsets

From: "Kevin L. Kane" <kevin.kane@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:41:47 -0500

    hmm.  I'm not a big fan of OpenBSD's randomization code.  I'm not
    rabidly against the patch but it is a bit hackish.  It seems to me
    that somthing similar could be implemented simply by having the RTLD
    or LIBC code mmap() a randomly sized dead segment, and not have to
    build anything into the kernel.

Wouldn't that result in 2x the syscalls for calling mmap()?(isn't this expensive?) Or do I not understand what you mean?

-Kevink

--
Kevin L. Kane
kevin.kane at gmail.com