Re: unbreak individual module building

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:30:52 +0800

On 11/15/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

:Sorry, I didn't read the commit log carefully enough :-P. Thanks for :the explaination. : :> Because of all this the buildworld (in src/include/Makefile*) and :> buildkernel (in src/Makefile.inc1) targets synthesize the 'missing' :> <machine/*.h> header files by either creating a forwarding header :> file to <cpu/*.h> or simply copying the <cpu/*.h> to the machine/ :> sub directory in the object tree or in /usr/include. : :I prefer to synthesizing missing headers: :http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/config2.diff : :Please review it. : :Best Regards, :sephe

    This will generate a copy for each module, but I think that might be ok
    since modules are not usually built without a kernel context.  I presume
    that the only time this mechanism is used is when you build a module
    manually, right?

Yeah, it will not affect buildkernel stuffs :-)

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die