Re: uplcom(4) update from FreeBSD

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:57:27 -0800 (PST)

:...
:
:Apparently uplcom.c in FreeBSD now uses taskqueue to avoid this situation.
:I'm not sure we can do it the same way, though.
:
:  revision 1.27
:  date: 2005-01-31 22:58:10 +0900;  author: akiyama;  state: Exp;  lines: +18 -0;
:  Use a taskqueue to handle port status changes.
:  Calling ucom layer directly from interrupt context make a panic.
:
:  MFC after:      1 week
:
:Cheers.

    Yah, you'll have to port the taskqueue change.

    The panic is not *actually* due to a missing process context, because
    the curproc check was removed from that particular codepath.  It's due
    to the routine being called from an interrupt.  The procedure does
    some nasty stuff, including calling tsleep(), so it really can't be
    called directly from an interrupt.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>