Re: final take for website layout

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:36:56 +0100

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
http://www.shiningsilence.com/newdf/site/data/base7.html

I'm happy with this layout, as it fixes many of the type size and
cross-browser issues we have, and the actual aesthetics can be changed
easily later.  (More easily than with the existing layout, in fact.)

Barring last-minute additions, I'm going to go ahead figuring how to get
this integrated.

okay, I might be late, but I think this can be figured out later, anyways. Two points:

1. I like the current bright red for the headings, it really says in an unobstrusive way "hello, i am a heading!"

2. I think the pages and section names on the navigation left should differ in some way so that the organization is easier to understand. I guess just making the page names not bold or smaller might be the right thing. Maybe also the underlines make the text bulky. After all it is a navigation, it should be expected that there are links - no need to mark them as such by underlining.

overall I like it, yet a little bit too plant-y and too few fred-y, but whatever :)

cheers
 simon

ps: did you receive that new logo mockup from joerg or so? it looked pretty slick