Re: patch for gcc40

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 09:42:19 -0700 (PDT)

:
:Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
:> -On [20050521 14:02], Simon 'corecode' Schubert (corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:>
:>>the (long awaited) patch for gcc40 in world. world compiles with gcc40,
:>>i'm still working on kernel (patches will follow).
:>
:>
:> Nice work, thanks.
:>
:> I think that such large patches are better not sent to a mailinglist though.
:> Not everybody is happy pulling in emails of 500K.
:>
:> A link would have been better.
:
:oh yes. i apologize to all who have problems with that. i was busy and
:didn't realize that the patch is that large. sorry again!
:
:thanks for the note
:   simon

    No need to apologize!

    Simon, please feel free to commit the infrastructure, minus tying it
    into the build (e.g. everything but the Makefile.inc1 or
    gnu/lib/Makefile or gnu/usr.bin/Makefile).  I don't see much of the
    patch set changing but it's likely that there are a few loose ends
    so we want to get that squared away before we actually connect it to
    the bulid.

    This is precisely why I built the CCVER infrastructure.

    The bsd*.mk changes can also be committed.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>