Re: sudo in the base system

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:59:08 -0800 (PST)

:Just to make sure:  That was not a serious suggestion.
:It's perfectly fine to install the tools from the ports.
:(In fact I think that more stuff should be moved out of
:the base system into the ports collection.)
:
: > Use sockstat + fstat insteed of lsof, they are better and don't
: > mess with kernel interna that much [well, they won't for long].
:
:Sockstat + fstat are OK for some things, but lsof has a
:lot more functionality.  For example, it can display full
:path names for open files (fstat only displays the mount
:points), and it can display the file size as well as the

    Actually fstat now displays the full paths.  But it's true that it used
    to only display the mount points.  And lsof does have a lot more options.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

:(Again:  I'm _not_ seriously voting for putting those tools
:into the base system, so there's no need for a bike shed
:discussion. ;-)
:
:Best regards
:   Oliver