Re: usb_subr.c usbdi.h usb_port.h

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:39:14 +0100

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 06:48:14AM +0100, Joerg Anslik wrote:
> I'm currently working on porting FreeBSD's ATUWI network driver to get
> my Shuttle's WLAN card (attachted to some internal USB port) working,
> and here's a first set of patches that provide a reliable way of
> resetting a USB device when it finished downloading firmware; our
> current implementation of the USB stack doesn't handle this correctly.

OK, I don't like this patch, but I agree that it is needed.
The question now is how do we want to continue with the USB stack.
I'm pretty sure that we can avoid the hacks this introduces, because
the newbus framework is rich enough to support it. Another point is
the use of network queues (see other thread) which is IMO not necessary
too for us.

What's the general opinion, easier maintainance by keeping it as
compatible as possible or better integration into our system?

Joerg