Re: jls, jexec support

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:16:59 -0800 (PST)

:> OK, sounds good. I'll split vn_fullpath and use that. pr_path can go away.
:> I can depend on the namecache entry staying?
:
:i guess if you keep it referenced, yes...
:
:cheers
:  simon

     The namecache code is *designed* to allow you to keep a namecache
     structure referenced almost indefinitely.  In fact, we do that for
     any open directories you might have (fd = open(...directoryname...)).

     That's one of the major features of the new namecache code.  The old
     namecache code was purely advisory... in fact, VFS's could bypass it
     (and did).  The new namecache code is fully integrated, mandatory,
     separated from the vnode algorithms, and cannot be bypassed.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>