Re: camcontrol WARNS6: take 5

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:57:30 +0100

-On [20050111 06:32], Chris Pressey (cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>2.  It seems GCC accepts
>       int foo(__unused int arg)
>    just as easily as
>       int foo(int arg __unused)
>    I've been using the first version, this patch uses the
>    second version, and style(9) is silent on the issue.
>    Does the DragonFly community have a preference?

Quick comment, not having checked the source in question.

But if you need to mark a function having an argument that is not used,
what's the point in having the argument present at all?
In my eyes that constitutes a design problem which you are now effectively
masking away.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Cum angelis et pueris, fideles inveniamur.  Quis est iste Rex gloriae..?