Re: A few WARNS6 cleanups

From: Chris Pressey <cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:50:21 -0800

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 02:33:26 +0100
Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> split/xargs: already WARNS6 compliant; patches only bumps WARNS

Committed, thanks!

> iostat: minor changes required

Committed, with a minor change: the extra function doesn't seem to be
necessary, the parameter can just be marked as unused.  Thanks!

> newfs: minor changes required to supress warnings; but there seems to
> be a lot of mixing of signed/unsigned types in general and I have not
> attempted to actually fix the underlying issues (which I suspect are
> not specific to newfs). note: patch also modifies
> sbin/mount/mntopts.h.

This one also looks good, but since it's more involved, I'll play with
it a bit more before committing it.  I suspect a lot of the
signed/unsigned things can be resolved without adding casts, by making
the loop variables unsigned, since they usually range only from 0 to
some positive integer anyway.

-Chris