Re: [dfports] sysutils/gkrellm2

From: Aggelos Economopoulos <aoiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:03:45 +0300

On Monday 18 October 2004 02:40, I wrote:
> Here's an override port for gkrellm; builds, installs, runs, uninstalls
> both with and without GKRELLM_SERVER_ONLY.
>
> The actual changes (in patch-df) are (in case anybody wants to take a
> look):
>
> - copy freebsd.c to dfly.c
> - unifdef dfly.c wrt __FreeBSD_version
> - drop the kvm code for getting vmstats, just use sysctls (that know about
> globaldata) unconditionally
> - add dragonfly-specific targets in the makefiles (copied from the freebsd
> ones)
>
> I had to add -U__FreeBSD__ in CPPFLAGS, which is kind of ugly, but I
> couldn't come up with a better workaround.
>
> BTW, while building the port I noticed that sys/param.h defines MIN()/MAX()
> even when included from userspace, which at a first glance seems like
> namespace pollution (but perhaps there's a good reason for it?).
>
> Aggelos

Is anybody going to pick this up? Even if I push the patch upstream it still
needs an override port on a gcc2 system.

(Also, can anyone remember why net/if_tun.h was moved to net/tun/if_tun.h? CVS
doesn't make it particularly easy to track renames so I can't tell if it was
just a cosmetic change or if there are semantic changes I should be aware of)

Thanks,
Aggelos