Re: RFC: purging old perl-5.005_03 from base

From: David Rhodus <sdrhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:11:33 -0400

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 04:26:07 +0200, Erik P. Skaalerud <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Enemy God wrote:
> > Are a bunch of old games really needed in the base system ?
>
> "Needed" would be a strong word. Ever seen a BSD break because of tiny
> games in base? Even windows ships their server systems with the ability
> to install games.
>
> Erik

We are not going to be removing the games right now. They are doing no
harm. I have had several people at various schools play the games when
I hand out CDROM's which leads them to install DFly and keep trying
out more and more things. Also the games ports which lays in the fbsd
ports-tree does not build by default, it requires fixing compile
errors.

We will most likely remove the games directory at sometime but not
right now, no one needs run around removing code and *WORKING* code at
that.

If you guys need something to do, write some code, rewrite some of the
GNU programs that are in the source tree like bc(1).

--
                                            -David
                                            Steven David Rhodus