Re: vidcontrol(1)

From: "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:23:18 +0000

Ivan Voras <ivoras@xxxxxx> scribbled:
> Sascha Wildner wrote:
>
> >Make set_pixel_mode() support higher resolutions like 1024x768 or
> >1280x1024 (bank switching).
>
> Do you need bank switching these days? I don't know how syscons handles it,
> but VESA 2.0+ gives you flat memory access.

Interestingly enough, my not-so-old laptop with an ATI Mobility Rage Pro
AGP 2x doesn't support _any_ of the VESA modes that are provided by the
fb (not a single one of the 40 it tries).

Indeed, VESA 2.0+ gives flat memory access and switches for resolutions

--
Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell   |         dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Key: 4D3D8CA7     | IRC: dho@freenode/dodell@efnet